There are several group rides on the weekends that are open to all cyclists. These rides are NOT sanctioned by the BBA. Each ride covers the same course from week to week:
- Saturdays 5:15 - 1hr slow ride (15-17mph) starting at Johnny Barnes Roundabout to Paynter's Corner via South Road and back via North Shore Road. See map here.
- Saturdays 6:15 - 1.5 - 2hrs fast ride (19+mph) starting at Johnny Barnes Roundabout to Dockyard via Harbour and Middle Roads and back. See map here.
- Sundays 7am- 1hr slow ride (15-17mph) starting at Johnny Barnes Roundabout to Paynter's Corner via South Road and back via North Shore Road. See map here. . - Sundays 8 am - 1.75 - 2.25hrs (19+ mph) fast ride to St George's and St David's via North Shore Road and back via South Road. See map here.
Cycling teams and groups also have group rides during the week. The following groups have open rides:
- Bicycleworks - Wednesday evenings 6:15pm - 90 minute ride is open to all starting at the Bicycleworks shop on Tumkins Lane to St. George's via North Shore and back. Contact Bicycleworks at 297-8356 or email email@example.com for more information.
- The Misfits (Ladies only) - Tuesday and Thursday morning loop - meeting places Flatts (Rustico) at 5:35am; Winner's Edge - 5:55am (to be ready when the Flatts group comes). 1 hour ride. For more information, visit their Facebook page or phone Jenn Wilson at 535-8975 or email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Cycles
Sunday mornings at 7am leaving from Heron Bay School. 90 min to 2hr ride for beginners
Tuesday and Thursday evenings leaving from Crow Lane Roundabout. 2 hour ride at medium pace. Road bikes during road race season. Mountain bikes during Mountain bike race season.
Contact Dexter Swan at 505-5813 for more information